HM-06 is a Bluetooth module designed for establishing short range wireless data communication between two microcontrollers or systems. The module works on Bluetooth 2.0 communication protocol and it can only act as a slave device. This is cheapest method for wireless data transmission and more flexible compared to other methods and it even can transmit files at speed up to 2.1Mb/s.
HC-06 uses frequency hopping spread spectrum technique (FHSS) to avoid interference with other devices and to have full duplex transmission. The device works on the frequency range from 2.402 GHz to 2.480GHz.
- Pin configuration
|1||Key||The pin state determines whether the module works in AT command mode or normal mode
[High=AT commands receiving mode(Commands
response mode), Low or NC= Bluetooth module normally working]
|2||Vcc||+5V Positive supply needs to be given to this pin for powering the module|
|3||Gnd||Connect to ground|
|4||TXD||Serial data is transmitted by module through this pin (at 9600bps by default), 3.3V logic|
|5||RXD||Serial data is received by module through this pin (at 9600bps by default),3.3V logic|
|6||State||The pin is connected to the LED on the board to represent the state of the module|
- Features and Electrical characteristics
- Bluetooth protocol: Bluetooth V2.0 protocol standard
- Power Level: Class2(+6dBm)
- Band: 2.40GHz—2.48GHz, ISM Band
- Receiver sensitivity: -85dBm
- USB protocol: USB v1.1/2.0
- Modulation mode: Gauss frequency Shift Keying
- Safety feature: Authentication and encryption
- Operating voltage range:+3.3V to +6V
- Operating temperature range: -20ºC to +55ºC
- Operating Current: 40mA
- Bluetooth Module Advantages
- HC-06 is best option when short distance wireless communication is needed. The module is used for wireless communications of less than 100 meters.
- The module consumes very less power to function and can be used on battery operated mobile systems.
- The module can be interfaced with almost all controllers or processors as it uses UART interface.
- Hobby projects
- Engineering applications
- Mobile Phone Accessories
- Computer Peripherals
- Sports and Leisure Equipment
- USB Dongles