The A4988 is a complete Microstepping Motor Driver with built-in translator for easy operation. The driver has a maximum output capacity of 35 V and ± 2 A. It can operate bipolar stepper motors in full-, half-, quarter-, eighth-, and sixteenth-step modes.
Features and Benefits:
Low RDS (On) Output
Automatic current decay mode detection / selection
Mix with slow current decay modes
Synchronous rectification for low power dissipation
3.3 and 5 V compatible logic supply
Thermal shutdown circuitry
Ground fault protection
Load short-circuit protection
- Operating Voltage: 35V
- Operating Voltage: 8V
- Current Per Phase: 2A
- Microstep resolution: Full step, ½ step, ¼ step, 1/8 and 1/16 step
- Reverse voltage protection: No
- Short-to-ground and shorted-load protection
- Low RDS(ON) outputs
- Thermal shutdown circuitry
- Used to control the speed and rotation of stepper motor.
- It is used in robotics to control their motion.
- It is used in different toys.
|VDD & GND||Connected to 5V and GND of Controller|
|VMOT & GND||Used to power the motor|
|1A, 1B, 2A, 2B||Connected to the 4 coils of motor|
|DIRECTION||Motor Direction Control pin|
|STEP||Steps Control Pin|
|MS1, MS2, MS3||Microstep Selection Pins|
|SLEEP||Pins For Controlling Power States|